For additional information, subscribe to the CROWNWeb updates
CROWNWeb (Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-enabled Network) is an Internet-based data collection system used by all Medicare certified dialysis facilities.
To learn more about the AQKC CROWNWeb Report Card, please view the presentation below.
Medicare certified ESRD facilities are required to complete the following actions electronically using CROWNWeb:
- Validate patient roster every 30 days (PART)
- Admit transient patients who are treated at the facility for more than 30 days
- Process notifications and accretions within 30 days of receipt
- Submit the 2728 form within 45 days of a new start or other qualifying event; submit a 2746 form within 14 days of a patient’s death
- Maintain, at a minimum, a QIMS Security Official account, and a QIMS End User Manager account for each facility
- Submit all patient events (including starts, transfers, deaths, and changes in modality). This last requirement can be met through batch submission. However, it is each facility’s responsibility to be sure that the data is correctly submitted.
Additionally, Medicare certified dialysis facilities are required to submit:
- Required clinical data including clinical labs and vascular access data (can be performed through batch submission)
- Annual Facility Survey (Form 2744)
On-line training is provided by myCrownWeb for all staff members at all facilities. The on-line training is designed in task-specific modules.
Each facility should use QIMS to enroll a Security Official, an End User Manager, and end users. For additional information on the enrollment process, please read the Network 8 Establishing CROWNWeb Accounts guide and review the QualityNet - ESRD page and the ProjectCROWNWeb.org QIMS Online Help System.
Please view the QIMS enrollment training videos on the myCROWNWeb website about how to register as the Initial Security Official for an ESRD facility.
CMS provides guidance on facility data submission
CMS will close the clinical months for hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and vascular access clinical data submissions to CROWNWeb two months after the month closes. For example, data for the month of August can be submitted through the end of October.
The closure dates apply to all facilities, including those entering data through the single user interface, batch submitting organizations, and the National Renal Administration Association Health Information Exchange (NRAA-HIE) participants.
CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey
Dialysis facilities can begin the CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey process in CROWNWeb, if all patient/clinical data has been entered for the survey year.