For additional information, subscribe to the CROWNWeb updates
CROWNWeb (Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-enabled Network) is an Internet-based data collection system used by all Medicare certified dialysis facilities.
Medicare certified ESRD facilities are required to complete the following actions electronically using CROWNWeb:
- Validate patient roster every 30 days (PART)
- Admit transient patients who are treated at the facility for more than 30 days
- Process notifications and accretions within 30 days of receipt
- Submit the 2728 form within 45 days of a new start or other qualifying event; submit a 2746 form within 30 days of a patient’s death
- Maintain, at a minimum, a QIMS Security Official account, and a QIMS End User Manager account for each facility
- Submit all patient events (including starts, transfers, deaths, and changes in modality). This last requirement can be met through batch submission. However, it is each facility’s responsibility to be sure that the data is correctly submitted.
Additionally, Medicare certified dialysis facilities are required to submit:
- Required clinical data including clinical labs and vascular access data (can be performed through batch submission)
- Annual Facility Survey (Form 2744)
On-line training is provided by ProjectCrownWeb for all staff members at all facilities. The on-line training is designed in task-specific modules.
Each facility should use QIMS to enroll a Security Official, an End User Manager, and end users. Facilities that are not participating in Phase III may begin the registration process January 30, 2012. The Security Offical will need to enroll first. After the Security Official's account has been established by the Help Desk, then the End User Manager will begin the enrollment process. The end users at the facility will be able to enroll once the Security Official and End User Manager accounts have been activated. For additional information on the enrollment process, please read the Network 8 Establishing CROWNWeb Accounts guideand review the QualityNet - ESRD page and the ProjectCROWNWeb.org QIMS Online Help System.
Please view the QIMS enrollment training videos on the Project CROWNWeb website about how to register as the Initial Security Official for an ESRD facility.
CMS provides guidance on facility data submission
CMS will close the January 2013 to September 2013 clinical months for hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and vascular access clinical data submissions to CROWNWeb as follows:
Date for Closure of Clinical Submissions
January 2013 – March 2013
August 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM (ET)
April 2013 – June 2013
September 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM (ET)
July 2013 – September 2013
October 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM (ET)
The closure dates apply to all facilities, including those entering data through the single user interface, batch submitting organizations, and the National Renal Administration Association Health Information Exchange (NRAA-HIE) participants.
CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey
Dialysis facilities can begin the CMS-2744 Annual Facility Survey process in CROWNWeb, if all patient/clinical data has been entered for 2013.